Need Help? FAQ

Does SVDP offer Emergency Assistance?

St. Vincent de Paul DOES NOT provide emergency assistance.  We offer assistance through the Home Visit process only. If you have an emergency situation, please contact one of other services listed below.

For emergency assistance please contact Salvation Army 715-845-4272 or your local law enforcement agency.

How do I contact SVDP if I need help?

St. Vincent de Paul helps neighbors by referral only.  To be referred to St. Vincent de Paul, you must first contact United Way of Marathon County or Catholic Charities. Contact information is listed below for both services.  Any additional questions, please contact our volunteer mission line at 715-848-1046, Ext. 2.

What kind of assistance can be provided?

Assistance is customized to the Neighbor individually, however, the list of services typically include: rent, utilities, clothes, personal hygiene products, furniture, household items, etc.

Who do we help?

SVDP-Cabrini Conference gives a hand-up for those who have low income or have fallen on hard times and need assistance.

What is a home visit?

A home visit is when two SVDP volunteers contact a person in need to set up a time to meet in that person’s home. How SVDP can help will be discussed during the home visit.

Who are home visitors?

Home Visitors are SVDP volunteers that will visit those in need in pairs.

Other Agencies offering assistance

  • Catholic Charities Walk-in appoints only on Mondays 9 am – 3 pm
  • United Way of Marathon County — Phone 715-848-2927
  • Aging & Disability Resource Center — Phone 715-261-6070
  • Food Share/Employment Training — Phone 715-203-0834
  • WPS — Phone 715-848-7342
  • Salvation Army — Phone 715-845-4272
  • Job Center/Forward Services — Phone 715-261-8700
  • The Neighbor’s Place — Phone 715-845-1966
  • North Central Community Action Program — Phone 715-842-0681
  • Wheels to Work — Phone 715-803-6693
  • St. Paul’s UCC Tiny Tots Closet — Phone 715-842-3733