Donate to SVDP Wausau
Items We Are Currently In Need Of:
- MEN’S CLOTHING OF ALL SIZES
- MEN’S JEANS
- MEN’S T-SHIRTS
- JUNIOR’S CLOTHING OF ALL SIZES
- UPHOLSTERED FURNITURE
Thrift Store Donation
Thank you for considering donating to the Society St. Vincent de Paul. We are committed to helping our neighbors in need, and your donations enable us to provide assistance to those less fortunate.
Monday: 9:00am - 6:00pm
Tuesday: 9:00am - 6:00pm
Wednesday: 9:00am - 6:00pm
Thursday: 9:00am - 6:00pm
Friday: 9:00am - 6:00pm
Saturday: 9:00am - 4:00pm
Monday - Friday: 9:00am-5:00pm
Saturday: 9:00am - 3:30pm
NO DUMPING POLICY – please do not use St. Vincent de Paul as a dumping site. Please do not leave items outside of our donation area during non-open hours.
Donate Your Gently Used Goods
Cleaning? Moving? (in or out…) Redecorating? Donate Your Gently Used Goods
Our charity services are funded in large part by our store sales.
What You Can Donate:
- Clothing, furniture and household items that are in clean, working condition and are suitable for resale in our stores
Items Not Accepted
DO NOT TAKE ITEMS. Sorry, but no:
- Non-working or broken items
- Items that are too large or heavy to safely handle
- Items that our trained staff determine have low or no resale value, high disposal costs or that could potentially harm our staff, customers or the environment
- Mattresses & box springs
- Computers & computer equipment (SVdP discontinued its ecycle program in April 2017)
- Sofa sleepers & reclining sofas
- Entertainment centers
- Baby furniture items such as car seats, cribs & strollers/walkers
- Large appliances
- Exercise equipment
- Hazardous materials
- Construction materials
- Small Appliances
Get Ready to Donate
- Please make sure that all small, loose items are packed either in boxes with the flaps closed or in bags that are tied shut (for soft goods only).
- In most cases, furniture should remain fully assembled. If you think an item would need to be taken apart to be moved, please ask about a possible pick up at our store.
Is My Donation Tax-Deductible?
For 2018, tax laws have changed, but the good feeling of helping someone else and having a cleaned out, organized closet, garage or kitchen never changes!
Visit the IRS website to help you understand goods donations and deductibility.
St. Vincent de Paul Wausau greatly appreciates and thanks you for your donations. Your generosity helps fund our mission, and offer financial assistance to those in need through our unique “home visits.” We accept clothing, furniture, and household items that are gently used and suitable for immediate resale. While many items are reusable, not all items are resale-able. For liability reasons and in order to reduce our waste disposal costs, we must limit our donations to items that are sale-able.
715-298-3028. Thank you!
Request A Pick-Up
St. Vincent de Paul will schedule pick ups for furniture and larger furniture items that meet our criteria of a sellable item. Please contact our store during open hours.
The most familiar and of course the simplest type of charitable giving is cash. If you would like to make a cash donation to our mission, you can write a check to St. Vincent de Paul, or stop in at our store at 131 West Thomas Street Wausau, WI 54401.
Online cash donations also available via, PayPal. Please follow the PayPal link below.
Do you have stocks, bonds, ETF’s or mutual funds that have greatly appreciated in value? Are you facing capital gains tax? A donation of appreciated securities may avoid the capital gamins tax. In addition, the donation may entitle you to a charitable tax deduction of the full market value. Specific situations may apply so please consult your tax advisor.
Wills and Bequests
As part of your financial plan would you consider a charitable bequest? Bequests can be made in fixed amount or as a % of assets. Again, please consult your tax advisor.